VoyForums

05/28/17 19:16:52VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09/ 2/15 11:13:00
Author: Brandon
Subject: Re: picture frame for 2 sided poster
In reply to: Edward Hesson 's message, "picture frame for 2 sided poster" on 09/ 1/15 14:59:43

Hi Edward,

Something you could look at for decorative hardware is "Trunk Hardware".

You do a Google search for "trunk hardware," but what you're probably looking for is something like:

http://www.kennedyhardware.com/trunk-hardware/

They have corner protectors, edge protectors, and other decorations that install easily and provide some flair.

For sanding, I usually sand to 220. An random orbital sanders seems to work well for me. Start with 100 grit and work up to 220.

Staining is up to you, but some woods require a pre-stain treatment. Do a Google search for "how to stain [your type of wood]" and you should get some good how-to's. For more help, let me know.

Lastly, for finishing it's really up to you and what the frame is used for. Lacquer provides a nice clear finish, but may yellow over time. Polyeurathane is great protection and comes in semi-gloss or gloss, but some people think it's harder to apply. However, Poly doesn't fade or yellow and holds up to abuse really well.

Without more info on the frame it's hard to say specifically what you need/want. Hopefully I've helped get you in the right direction. :D

Cheers!
-Brandon Rathke

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.