VoyForums

05/25/17 11:25:38VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05/28/04 22:21:05
Author: Todd Burch
Subject: Re: increase shellac finishing melting point
In reply to: fabio pisoni 's message, "increase shellac finishing melting point" on 05/26/04 16:20:55

Fabio, this reply is from the Zinsser Company - the largest distributor of Shellac in North America (I have a local contact, so I forwarded your question.)

"> This is to confirm my earlier email regarding a method for raising the melting point of shellac. The addition of another alcohol soluble resin may accomplish this, depending upon the melting point of that resin. We have not done any significant or quantifiable research here on that issue, so I can only speak in generalities. There are a number of natural alcohol soluble resins such as copol, rosin, sandarac and mastic. There are also a number of synthetic resins that will dissolve in alcohol, including certain acrylic resins. The compatibility of each of these resins with shellac as well as the melting point and hardness of the dry film are issues that the customer must explore in the course of his own experimentation. We wish him luck.>"

Again, this reply is straight from the International Product Manager over shellac based products from Zinsser.

Todd

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.