VoyForums

04/23/17 10:49:41VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06/ 9/08 21:23:11
Author: Steve Dittrich
Subject: Cooling off workshops

It's that time of year with the temperatures (and humidity) in the 90's. My workshop is in a two-car garage attached to my house, and except for a fan or two, it is stifling in there, even at night when I do a lot of what little I do in the workshop (pens and small stuff mostly).

Does any one have any ideas about cooling things off? I've thought about an air conditioner, but my house has brick veneer and I don't want to do anything too permanent to the one outside wall, like punching a big hole through the brick. The garage doors face to the west into the setting sun, so keeping them open when I'm working isn't much help, not to mention the security issues. I don't want my neighbors looking in there at my machinery. I've looked at one of those portable coolers at Northern Tools, but they are very expensive. I have also thought about somehow hanging a small air conditioner from the ceiling, but it would have to vent into the attic, which is even hotter than the garage below. And I don't have a lot of extra electrical capacity anyway.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Steve Dittrich

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.