VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

06/22/17 17:30:05VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12/16/08 10:02:55
Author: Denise Atkerson (Elder Advocate)
Subject: Gavels Needed

My name is Denise Atkerson and I am a Long-Term Care Ombudsman - an advocate that works with residents and family members of local nursing homes to promote quality of care and quality of life. One of our missions is to support Resident Councils - groups of residents who meet monthly to resolve issues and make improvements in the facilities in which they live. Many of these group leaders have mentioned that it would be nice to have a wooden gavel to give their meetings a more "official" feel. We'd like to accommodate, but with a very tight budget, we cannot afford the purchase price of what I've been able to find available online. I was wondering if your group would have any suggestions about how I might locate more affordable wooden gavels or contract with a local woodworker to see if we could work out a custom order.

Thanks for your consideration,
Denise Atkerson
Staff Ombudsman and Volunteer Coordinator
University of Texas Center on Aging
6901 Bertner, SON 629
Houston, TX 77030
713-500-9932

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.