VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:52:42 03/29/07 Thu
Author: david
Author Host/IP: adsl-69-235-34-136.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net / 69.235.34.136
Subject: Whole Foods' Long Time Support of KPFK, Broadcaster of "Radio Intifada"

Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 01:24:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Whole Foods' Long Time Support of KPFK, Broadcaster of "Radio Intifada"
To: john.mackey@wholefoods.com, walter.robb@wholefoods.com, ac.gallo@wholefoods.com, fred.shank@wholefoods.com, ashley.hawkins@wholefoods.com, amy.schaefer@wholefoods.com, kate.lowery@wholefoods.com
CC: jointheboycott@inbox.com

To Whole Foods: Please Respond

I am a shopper at Whole Foods. However, about three weeks ago, after seeing your name among the list of 2007 supporters of the extremist anti-Israel KPFK, broadcaster of "Radio Intifada" (providing food during their fund drive - and apparently in 2005 and 2006 too), I decided I could no longer shop at Whole Foods until that situation was corrected.

http://www.kpfk.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=458&Itemid=113

To the public, your support of KPFK implies your endorsement of their anti-Israel views as expressed in their " Radio Intifada" broadcasts. Specifically, I mean this kind of extremism:

[Israeli] "Massacres in Palestine and Lebanon"
[Israel's] "Military, Economic & Demographic Wars against Palestinians"
"AIPAC's Influence on US Foreign Policy"

Their materials are even anti-semitic such as this from the KPFK Fund Drive which Whole Foods helped support:

For $65 gift – “Blood and Religion: The Unmasking of the Jewish and Democratic State”

http://www.kpfk.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2629&Itemid=79&lang=en

The very use of the name "Intifada" indicates KPFK's support for terrorism against Israeli civilians - suicide bombings, Kassam rocket attacks, gunning down families in cold blood, etc.

Is this the kind of material with which a wholesome company like Whole Foods should be associating its name?

Whole Foods is popular and enjoys a good reputation among friends of Israel. It is offensive to those customers that Whole Foods would spend their customer revenues on supporting KPFK's anti-Israel propaganda. Those customers are owed an explanation and an assurance that Whole Foods dissociates itself from KPFK's extremist anti-Israel views and will not be making any further investments in KPFK or its like.

Until this matter is satisfactorily resolved, I will not be shopping at Whole Foods and will be advising my friends to do the same.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

David,
Los Angeles, CA

[JtB: For ongoing devlopments in this story follow Join the Boycott]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.