VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Remembering Bill Griggs Today

Author:
Randy Steele
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tue March 29, 2016 08:53:25

Remembering Bill Griggs today....it's a little hard to believe its been 5 years since he passed away. He did a lot for fans of Buddy Holly and The Crickets and for fans of 1950s rock-n-roll.

Like many of those who visit here, I had some great times with Bill. There were some times when our passions and opinions were in conflict. I am both thankful and grateful that our friendship meant more to us than our opinions did and after cooling off, we moved forward. Through it all, I learned a great deal from Bill and I hope he learned a little from me as well.

Bill introduced me to many other Buddy Holly and The Crickets fans. Bill really enjoyed connecting fans with one another---the very foundation of the conventions he hosted. Some of his fan introductions to me have resulted in long-time friendships.

I remain very glad that Bill lived to see his introduction into the Buddy Holly/West Texas Walk of Fame. It was a great day. Bill was very tired and weak but loved every moment of it. Later he told me his only regret was not getting around to see everyone and thank them personally----he said when he was at the podium speaking, he was a "ball" of emotions and was so excited, proud, and a little nervous that he missed thanking people who were in his speech--some of which were in attendance.

He was so proud to be the final inductee at the original location of the WOF. All in all, people came from all over to celebrate Bill's induction and it was a great day indeed.

Thanks to Sharon Griggs allowing this site to continue and thanks to all who visit here, be it every day or every once in a while.

Peace,

Randy Steele

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Remembering Bill Griggs TodayRickTue March 29, 2016 10:44:59
Re: Remembering Bill Griggs TodayWilliam LooftTue March 29, 2016 10:56:14
Re: Remembering Bill Griggs TodayDale (fleeting years)Tue March 29, 2016 15:44:42
Re: Remembering Bill Griggs TodayBenTue March 29, 2016 16:22:29
Re: Remembering Bill Griggs TodayM. BloomTue March 29, 2016 20:44:41
Re: Remembering Bill Griggs TodayPaul from England (Time flies by)Fri April 01, 2016 11:15:28

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.