VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Remembering Waylon Jennings today

Author:
Molly Bloom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat April 02, 2016 02:21:28
In reply to: Garland 's message, "Re: Remembering Waylon Jennings today" on Tue March 29, 2016 19:19:20

Glad I could unearth something meaningful to you, Garland. Waylon was and continues to be a very intriguing man, on soo many levels.

How very fortunate you are, to have been able to see Waymore in concert so many times! Clearly, his presence had an impact on you.

I only saw Waylon the night he performed in Lubbock following the unveiling of the Buddy Holly statue which, I understand he played a big part in ensuring came to pass ~ and interviewed him for my country's national broadcaster. He was a most charming fellow... but, hey, I'm a girl, eh?

Reading Waylon's bio, I've turned up a couple more movie references: "Electric Horseman," with Robert Redford and Willie Nelson (1979); and "Follow that Bird,"(1985) a movie in which he plays a turkey farmer. Yes, as if it were possible for Way-a-lon to endear himself even further to us, to me, he loved children, was a personal friend of Carroll Spinney who played Big Bird on "Sesame Street," and came about this last role because Waylon admits he grew up with his son, Shooter.

I didn't mention it earlier, but "Dukes of Hazzard" was a cornerstone television program. I suspect he wrote alot of music for movies and television during the 'period he didn't care so much about being paid for his work...' if you get my drift. #bigsigh

I admit, I've not seen all these movies, but will copy out my movie list and follow it till I've completed watching. Thanks for the reminder that Waylon's movies were important to track.

Enjoy.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.