VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Buddy Holly Footage on BBC4

Author:
Mike
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon April 25, 2016 16:33:10
In reply to: HK 's message, "Re: Buddy Holly Footage on BBC4" on Mon April 25, 2016 11:23:37

*** "No footage unfortunately"? We have a documentary on the most important close-harmony duo of the rock n roll era if not of all time and there was "no footage". How does that work? ***

I like Buddy Holly and The Crickets A LOT, but I definitely see where you're coming from HK... It's almost to the point of it being downright ridiculous that any TV special/book/radio special, etc. on any artist of the rock 'n roll era needs to mention or show Buddy in some form or another...

I really dislike it when people who had/have no personal connection to an artist says "They would have wanted it that way", etc... That said, so many people who never even met Holly say how humble he was, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say Buddy wouldn't have wanted the attention pulled away from his friends The Everly Brothers... He would have said (in his humble way), "Leave those guys get some well deserved attention and leave me out of it." It's what Buddy Holly would have wanted after all :)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Buddy Holly Footage on BBC4FrankTue April 26, 2016 04:02:50

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.