VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Rave On Stereo Conversion

Author:
driftwood
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 09:27:13
In reply to: Ben 's message, "Rave On Stereo Conversion" on Wed May 18, 2016 11:29:01

I don't like this stereo version of "Rave On" because I'm pretty sure it's a fancy overdub - that is, it was electronically modified to be stereo AND an extra guitar (at least) was added to further enhance the stereo effect. Do you want to play guitar along with Buddy? Fine, you'll learn something, but please don't record it and post it online and tell me it's an improved original recording, because it's not.

A good example of an honest stereo conversion is that of "Everyday" where spectral editing was used to separate Buddy's vocal, Jerry Allison's knee-slapping percussion, and the celesta into a very rich stereo sound field. It sounds almost better than the original mono recording, with no overdubs.

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjnpML20WaQ">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjnpML20WaQ</a>

driftwood

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Rave On Stereo Conversion(Re:Driftwood)BenMon May 23, 2016 15:12:21

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.