VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: The Cricket Six Decades Of Rock n Roll Memories

Author:
Tony Warran
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 06:18:50
In reply to: RickD 's message, "Re: The Cricket Six Decades Of Rock n Roll Memories" on Thu May 26, 2016 19:34:08

Thanks for your feedback , RickD

As Co-Author and Chief Editor I guess I take the main responsibility for these errors.

Although in my defence I did have three other people checking it but as you can imagine with a book of 592 pages it is not easy to get everything right.

The problem seems to be mainly over the interviews section which we were allowed to publish from various sources and thus many of the errors / contradictions appear to have come from there.

The fact that some of them contradicted each other is just the way the interviews were given and with respect the fact that e.g. Keith Allison's relationship to J.I. and John Pickering either being at school with Buddy or not are hardly of earth shattering importance are they ?

But I do concede that had we spent even longer than the two years getting it done and ensuring it was 100% right it would have been better and I personally would have been happier if there were no silly mistakes at all in it.

In closing I would just add that I and all those who assisted me are getting on in years and are not professionals. We are just fans of the Crickets and we all worked hard to put a book together about the musicians we have listened to, enjoyed, respected and admired over the years.

No one else has put a book together about the Crickets, and we thought it was time, on the retirement of the group, to do it, and before we couldn't .

Glad to hear that you said you 'did love most of it' but as you have demonstrated from your piece writing is not easy and in your seven line piece I spotted seven simple grammatical and spelling mistakes myself .

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: The Cricket Six Decades Of Rock n Roll MemoriesJohn HSun May 29, 2016 04:34:02

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.