VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Buddy's flight logbook and plane

Author:
Charles (happy)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Fri September 23, 2016 10:19:22
In reply to: Frank 's message, "Re: Buddy's flight logbook and plane" on Thu September 22, 2016 04:02:21

I've known Loy for several years and at no time has he ever come across as dishonest, exploitive, greedy or manipulative. Not that I have read any such accusations leveled at him, but I know from personal experience the way newspapers and the media report things can often, intentionally or not, put a negative or questionable spin on the subject. From what he has shared with me about the log book and plane, as well as all other Holly-related items and subjects, I can vouch for his unfathomable respect and devotion as a true Holly fan. If anything, Loy has always maintained that Holly memorabilia should be shared with all fans as to historical info/background and photos of any given memorabilia, rather than fans hoarding things. This is what surely would have been the fate of most of the Buddy memorabilia long since housed and displayed at Lubbock's Buddy Holly Center, had it not been successfully acquired by the City at auction. All of those priceless items would have been split up and scattered all over the world had the City not moved when they did, and thank God it turned out that way. Kudos and many thanks to Loy for some great detective work and research, AND for sharing the story with all of us fans.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Buddy's flight logbook and planeThomasFri September 23, 2016 12:34:48

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.