VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Vandergriffs book 'In Flanders Field'

Author:
Lachlan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat October 01, 2016 20:23:50
In reply to: Mike Havens 's message, "Re: Vandergriffs book 'In Flanders Field'" on Sat October 01, 2016 07:52:05

No worries, Mike.

I bought a copy the first time around. The content was of great interest to me. Not from a morbid point of view, but tracking the history leading up to the crash.

- Reading about the history of the Beechcraft Bonanza from the drafting board, and also the origins of the plane the boys died in.

- Going on a virtual tour of the region, visiting many of the places that were visited in the days leading up to Clear Lake.

- Getting a more in focus view of Roger Peterson and his life. Many people forget that although he may or may not have been the cause of the crash, he was a well liked kid with a young wife.

- Investigating some of anomalies to do with the crash. There were quite a few things I didn't know about, such as the radar picking the plane up just before it crashed.

I'd recommend the book to anyone who enjoys aircraft investigations, and the history of Rock'N'Roll in general.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Vandergriffs book 'In Flanders Field'GregSun October 02, 2016 09:29:15

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.