VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Purple Chick

Author:
M. Bloom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sun October 09, 2016 14:43:06
In reply to: Mark Dillman 's message, "Purple Chick" on Fri October 07, 2016 11:47:01

"I need help getting up to speed on the Buddy Holly Purple Chick compilation. Just this week I received a ten CD set of the Purple Chick collection and it appears to be as exhaustive and complete as fans say it is." My informnation is originally from R. Illing., years ago, so totally not sure, anymore. He told me then to do it quickly.

"When this collection first came out I was overwhelmed with responsibilities caring for my aging parents and just didn't hear about it.": I so know how that is

"I am sure it was discussed at length here long ago. So, do I get it correctly that Purple Chick is/was not a bootleg cd or record label but an online collective for donating recordings that get cleaned up and compiled in a way that satisfies audiophiles and completists?: It IS a bootleg CD.

Do I understand it is really up to fans to download their own copies and save them in a format of their own choice?: Yes, you do understand, correctly.

And do I understand that if anyone sells copies to others they are using the music and cover graphics from an online source as a way to make money and provide a convenience for others? I paid a mere $23.00 for my CD set.: Sounds right, Mark.

There are lots of Beatles compilations on the Purple Check label. Who runs Purple Chick? Is there an official website?: Doubt there's an official _anything_

Oh, wow. I just spent 2 hours filling in a an answer that doesn't appear to have been saved to VOy. It will take me some time, Mark, but, if you don't receive an answer from someone else, in the interim, I will attempt to reconstruct my original response. So sorry! Thought Voy was a friendly word processing element.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Purple ChickFrankMon October 10, 2016 03:47:43
Re: Purple Chickdavidt-wMon October 10, 2016 13:11:28
Re: Purple ChickM. BloomFri October 14, 2016 12:19:37
Re: Purple ChickMark DillmanSat December 24, 2016 14:50:16
Re: Purple ChickDonThu December 29, 2016 13:13:13

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.