VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Article: "The RRHOF Nominees Are A Disgrace To Music"

Author:
Dale (hi Kenny)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Fri October 28, 2016 18:42:48
In reply to: Kenny 's message, "Re: Article: "The RRHOF Nominees Are A Disgrace To Music"" on Fri October 28, 2016 09:44:56

I admit that the tone and quality of Gram Parsons voice is of the sort that it either grabs you and never lets you go, or you simply never get it.

Though they sound nothing alike, the same emotional quality that makes George Jones the greatest country singer of all time can be found in the best gram Parsons records.

The rock element? Certainly this is best illustrated in the 2 fabulous albums by the Flying Burrito Bros.

I like everything he ever recorded, but do acknowledge he remains a lesser known name.

Parsons himself called his style "cosmic american music" rather than country rock, a sound which can be heard today through superb artists like Sturgill Simpson and Neko Case, both of whom sell far more records to rock fans than country.

Nice of you to respond to my post.

Cheers

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.