VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Travis Holley has passed away

Author:
Randy Steele
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Fri December 02, 2016 07:25:19

Last night, Travis Holley, one of Buddy Holly's brothers, passed away. He was 89 years old. I had shared a friendship with him for over 30 years. He was a terrific person in every way. I wish forever miss seeing him.

Travis served our country and he served the Buddy Holly fan community. Travis and Buddy bore such a string resemblance that he was asked to pose for the creation of the Buddy Holly statue. He also taught Buddy chords on the guitar which Buddy took and made his own.

There are no words that will adequately describe the kindness that he and the Holley family have extended to fans over the past 60 years. They opened their homes, their scrapbooks, and their lives to people from around the globe, all in hopes of giving fans a small glimpse into the magic of their son and little brother. They have answered the same questions from fans over and over but did so patiently and lovingly. The Holley family personifies all that is good about West Texas and its people. The next generation, Randy Holley, Sherry Holley, and Inka Holly have been terrific "keepers of the flame" and represent the Holley family so well.

Travis Holley was a sweet and gentle spirit. He loved his family, his friends, and he loved music, the Holley's got together regularly and would play and sing. In his latter years, Travis built custom guitars and I am lucky to say he built one for me. It is one of my most treasured possessions.

While Travis is now gone, leaving behind many grieving family members and friends, I believe that he has truly stepped into the presence of The Lord and has been reunited with two wonderful spouses he shared his life with, his mom, dad, sister Pat, and his little brother Buddy. What a day of rejoicing it must have been. I bet Travis requested the best guitar they have and has asked if there's any good fishing up there.

It was a life well lived and served. Rest In Peace my friend. I hope to see you again.

Randy Steele

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Travis Holley has passed awayLachlanFri December 02, 2016 08:13:27
Re: Travis Holley has passed awayHarryFri December 02, 2016 08:16:49
Re: Travis Holley has passed awaySue (in Arizona) (sympathy)Fri December 02, 2016 09:44:55
Re: Travis Holley has passed awayjimmy (dublin) (RIP)Fri December 02, 2016 10:05:19
Re: Travis Holley has passed awayKevin TerryFri December 02, 2016 11:20:37
Re: Travis Holley has passed awayBenFri December 02, 2016 11:22:59
Re: Travis Holley has passed awayPaul from England (RIP)Fri December 02, 2016 11:25:14
Re: Travis Holley has passed awayPhil TFri December 02, 2016 17:10:35
Re: Travis Holley has passed awayDaleFri December 02, 2016 19:10:11
Re: Travis Holley has passed awayM. BloomSat December 03, 2016 01:42:13
Re: Travis Holley has passed awayMark DillmanSat December 24, 2016 14:27:31
Re: Travis Holley has passed awayDavid UKSun January 01, 2017 02:56:19

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.