VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Love's Made A Fool Of You - Crickets with Earl Sinks

Author:
Frank
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat January 14, 2017 04:19:02
In reply to: Mulligan 's message, "Re: Love's Made A Fool Of You - Crickets with Earl Sinks" on Thu January 12, 2017 15:28:17

My understanding (confirmed by one of the Clovis staff among others as well) is that Buddy DID visit Clovis (without Maria) during his Christmas 1958 trip to his parents and that the meeting with Norman was very friendly and he wanted to continue to use Clovis and work with Norman - but not with NP as his manager etc..

He DID NOT visit The Crickets though, even though they were living in Clovis.

Bearing in mind what we now know about where the money went, i.e. it was not Norman but the New York music biz money men who never paid Norman or sent the money to Clovis, I imagine Buddy probably was told this by Norman at that meeting and started to understand about it all.

It's probably likely NP played Loves Made A Fool Of You By The Crickets to him as well.
imho Buddy would have probably been pleased at this cover version as he had only cut it as a demo and would welcome a cover version. (?)

I don't recall any mention of Kapp Records or him trying to get The Crickets out of the Brunswick contract - it's certainly not mentioned in the recent huge NP book

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.