VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: HK Mike has passed away today.

Author:
Mike C
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sun January 15, 2017 01:28:43
In reply to: Katie 's message, "Re: HK Mike has passed away today." on Sat January 14, 2017 22:13:18

Another thing I meant to mention about Mike. There were two words that you could slip into any conversation and they would set him off on an enormous tirade against ‘pop pap’ and ‘no talents’. These two words were: ‘Pat Boone’ and this would get him pretty much frothing at the mouth. I think he loathed Pat Boone even more then Bobby Vee. It was pretty easy to wind him up about this. I phoned his work place once and left a recording of ‘Love Letters In The Sand’ on his voice mail.

He lived and breathed rock and roll music. Our first meeting with him was when he and his wife met us at our hotel in Hong Kong and whisked us off to lunch somewhere. By the time we all sat down no-one had really had the chance to say much and we needed an ice breaker – Mike surveyed the scene and fixed his gaze on my wife asking her ‘so tell me [name], what do you think of Bobby Vee?’, one of the weirder conversation openers she had ever heard but a seriously important question for him! As she said to me afterwards, she was expecting 'did you have a nice flight?' but that one threw her a bit. I had to explain that by such matters were people judged.

He was extremely generous and I guess a few people here were recipients of his carefully compiled home compilations, complete with his own art work.

Mike

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: HK Mike has passed away today.John HSun January 15, 2017 04:01:36
    Re: HK Mike has passed away today.Dave HSun January 15, 2017 10:36:59
    Re: HK Mike has passed away today.Brett LowdenSun January 15, 2017 11:32:08

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.