VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Silver Eagle Best Of B. Holly questions

Author:
driftwood
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sun February 26, 2017 10:59:10
In reply to: Dale 's message, "Silver Eagle Best Of B. Holly questions" on Sun February 19, 2017 16:52:58

Thanks, Dale, for a series of very interesting questions! I'm a bit surprised that there have been no responses.

I'm sure a lot of Holly fans would be interested in any releases from the original master tapes, in addition to Steve Hoffman's excellent 1985 CD, as you mentioned. I suspect that the highest quality release we have to date is the comprehensive "Not Fade Away: Complete Studio Recordings & More" box set. As he mentioned on this message board at the time of its compilation, the late great Bill Griggs helped make sure the best sources were used, and even provided a few sources himself where gaps existed. I'm thinking specifically of the original Decca demo recording of "Moonlight Baby," although there may have been others.

I would personally enjoy seeing and hearing a quality vinyl-to-digital release (this would technically be a bootleg) from any fans out there who own high-quality vinyl. For instance, the UK version of the 6 LP "The Complete Buddy Holly" box set is said to be excellent.

Anyway, I'm just here to pass some enthusiasm along, plus my idea. At this point in time, it seems unlikely that MCA or their subsidiaries will release any further material - new, quality-updated, or otherwise.

driftwood

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Silver Eagle Best Of B. Holly questionsM. BloomMon February 27, 2017 00:01:54
Re: Silver Eagle Best Of B. Holly questionsFrankMon February 27, 2017 03:38:32

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.