VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Bill Griggs passed away six years ago today.

Author:
Randy Steele
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wed March 29, 2017 08:34:54

Celebrating the memory of Bill Griggs, who left this world six years ago today. Anyone who calls themselves a fan of Buddy Holly and The Crickets owes a debt of gratitude to Bill Griggs. He captured the stories and the emotions of the people who were there during Buddy Holly's incredibly creative but short lifetime.

He always made time for friends and fans who wanted to know more about Buddy Holly or the Rockin50s. But in saying that, so many fans today use his work without acknowledging Bill. The internet and its abuse of copyrighted material would drive him crazy. As one of his best friends says, Bill would be mental over it all.

Bill was fun, he was funny, and he was intense. We laughed liked brothers and sometimes, we fought like brothers. Once, we went months without speaking and then argued for hours when we ran into one another in a hotel. Sharon, after listening to this, stood up and said, "Would you two just knock it off? You are just alike and both of you know that you have missed each other. So shut up, be friends, and go to bed." Bill and I looked at one another, and suddenly, the standoff was over.

At the end of the day, there was love and mutual respect. I am a better music fan and better man for having known Bill Griggs. I miss him every day. No one could take his place, especially on this forum. But I am grateful to those who have continued to visit here and keep the music and the memories alive.

Simply put, Bill Griggs was a world-class music fan, historian, and researcher. He was also the best friend that Buddy Holly never met.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Bill Griggs passed away six years ago today.Bill RWed March 29, 2017 09:19:55
Re: Bill Griggs passed away six years ago today.Buddy LeonettiWed March 29, 2017 09:28:03
Re: Bill Griggs passed away six years ago today.Chris ReesThu March 30, 2017 06:33:10

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.