VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: 1978 convention

Author:
Sue (in Arizona)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 09:51:02
In reply to: Roy beye 's message, "1978 convention" on Sat April 29, 2017 19:18:04

Although I corresponded with her for several years from early 1973 on. I don't remember when we stopped writing; (remember this was by "snail mail"; email didn't exist), I only knew her as Joan Turner, and only after she died did I find out that she had another name. If my memory serves me right (it doesn't always), she passed away while Bill Griggs was getting so ill with colon cancer. Because he was unable to go to appraise her BH collection, he sent Sharon to do it.

I don't know if the letters I wrote her still exist; I have the ones that she wrote me in a box somewhere, not sure where.

In my will, I bequeath everything I have on rock & roll to an educational institution, so there will be no need to have the collection appraised and sold. There's a lot of stuff about Buddy Holly and Ritchie & Jape, as well as a great deal about other aspects of the genre's history.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: 1978 conventionRoddy Jordan (Surprise)Tue May 02, 2017 14:35:22

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.