VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: New Buddy Programme On BBC 4

Author:
Frank
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 03:36:24
In reply to: M. Bloom 's message, "Re: New Buddy Programme On BBC 4" on Sat May 13, 2017 21:37:37

Well it was better than I expected, after all what else is there left to say after all these years ...................

I have trouble understanding JI these days though !!

The photo of The Crickets in their swimming trunks, which some have said is new, is from the Australian tour and was published in Roddy Jordan's Oz Tour book, as were a couple of the others.

There were no photos of Buddy I had not seen before but I had not seen several photos of Maria and one of Bob Montgomery.
I had also not seen the very clear clip of cine film of the young Bob Montgomery

Does all the cine film now looks better because we are all watching in HD or Ultra / 4K (upscaled) HD now (?)

I had hoped we might see the currently unseen piece of film of Buddy that The Everly Brothers took and is owned by them / the Country music Association (or someone)

It also seemed to suddenly jump from the UK tour to the 'string sessions' and then the last tour, almost as if a part was edited out.

I also hoped it would correct, or at least not repeat, the misconceptions about Norman and the money side now that is has been established was not Norman's fault but the record biz in general in NY (and the Mafia re bootlegging singles).

Brian May may not be to everyone's taste but he certainly is a fan and was very good. Watch this clip of him with The Crickets.
He get all the TBTD guitar parts perfect - and without a capo which even Buddy used !

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMG6UHqVWkw">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMG6UHqVWkw</a>

This is from the Stratpack concert at Wembley Arena a few years ago and other clips of him and The Crickets from the show are also on YouTube if you are interested

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: New Buddy Programme On BBC 4Dale (follow the money)Tue May 16, 2017 15:30:43

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.