VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: "Mope-Itty Mope" by The Boss-Tones

Author:
CR
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 01:27:17

Once again, I just read on yet another oldies website that Len Barry (of the Dovells) was an "anonymous lead vocalist" on "Mope-Itty Mope". I have been hearing and reading this false info for a few years now, and I'd like to finally set the record straight here. Len Barry was not involved with The Boss-Tones at all, and he did not sing on that record. Len Barry's original group was The Brooktones, which later evolved into The Deauvilles simplier spelled Dovells. The Dovells later recorded their own version of "Mope-Itty Mope", which is probably the reason for the confusion regarding the Boss-Tones record. The only group The Boss-Tones had any association with was The Ly-Dells. The source of my info is two members of the actual Boss-Tones. I'd just like to see the record set straight.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: "Mope-Itty Mope" by The Boss-TonesjonMon May 22, 2017 07:43:15
Re: "Mope-Itty Mope" by The Boss-TonesDan D.Mon May 22, 2017 13:17:26
jon and Dan, glad you appreciated the info.CRTue May 23, 2017 15:13:50

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.