VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: "Simply Buddy"

Author:
Chris Rees
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Fri June 16, 2017 13:50:34
In reply to: Sue (in Arizona) 's message, ""Simply Buddy"" on Wed June 14, 2017 19:12:53

Just reading Sue's excellent review and this seems to be another book in the Richard Peters style.
There seems to be too many mistakes listed to imply that Bill would have lent his research to this book.
I am sure that Sue will agree that Bill Griggs was meticulous in his research and employed the services of a proof reader for his publications.
If he got things wrong it hurt him deeply, I remember talking to him about the Bill Clement fiasco and he was close to ceasing publication of Rockin 50's because he felt he had let his readers down.
If the author of this new book had gained Bill's permission to use his research then I feel Bill would have insisted his words were used verbatim to keep the record straight.
I have not seen this new book but trust Sue's judgement and have much respect for her as a fan of long standing.
I hope the author will heed her words and give the book a much needed overhaul, new books about Buddy are always welcome if they offer new and relevant information and at 600 plus pages there should be some of that at least.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: "Simply Buddy"MollyFri June 16, 2017 16:40:45

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.