VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Buddy Holly tribute on "Woodsongs" (it was just wrong)

Author:
Mike
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wed September 20, 2017 06:41:09

Did anyone else see this program last Friday (09/15/17) on the RFD-TV network?

I didn't think it was all that great, and it was chock full of mistakes... Things that come to mind were when the host performed "It Doesn't Matter Anymore", he said it was the last song Buddy recorded... He also said that Buddy and the guys lost their lives on a February afternoon, and he said that when Waylon didn't go on the plane, Buddy told him something like "Have fun on the bus" to which Waylon supposedly said to him "I hope your plane lands safely" and that that was supposedly what haunted Waylon the rest of his life, which we all know is not what Waylon said to him...

Also, when the host and one of the other performers (David Frizzell) were talking, the host said that the record company cared so little for Buddy Holly that when his LP was released, they spelled his name wrong on the album jacket and didn't bother to correct it, so Buddy just adopted that spelling as his professional name, which is another big time mistake, since his name was misspelled on a contract so he adopted the spelling after that.

I might have missed other mistakes, because I kind of skimmed thru the program, skipping most of the songs... If anyone else watched it, did you catch any other mistakes said about Buddy?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.