VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Echo McGuire Griffith dies in Carlsbad

Author:
me ((sad))
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat November 04, 2017 09:38:02
In reply to: Vicky Pickering 's message, "Echo McGuire Griffith dies in Carlsbad" on Mon October 30, 2017 21:46:29

I never had the privilege of meeting Echo, but feel her passing keenly because it's a reminder that the generation to which Buddy belonged is slowly, but surely, ageing and passing away. For some reason, I feel this much more intimately with the passing of Echo McGuire than I did with others who have left us in 2017 such as Chuck Berry and Fats Domino. Perhaps that is because she had such an intimate and personal relationship with Buddy in their high school years.

I know the slogan used for decades has been "Buddy Holly Lives!" but I wonder if a time might come when that won't be the case. Will it be when Maria Elena Holly or Jerry Allison pass away? Will it be when the few others who were prominent in Buddy's life and are still alive in 2017 pass? Will it be when the entire generation who remember the rockin' 50's first hand is gone?

I truly believe the music is immortal, but the fandom will never be the same and will inevitably evolve, as those intimate with Buddy leave us one by one.

Just my two cents' worth here.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.