VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Super Oldies/Nor-Va-Jak recent CDs

Author:
Mark Dillman
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu December 28, 2017 21:57:31

The Super Oldies/Nor-Va-Jak CD label is really putting out lots of very well made compilations of music produced by Norman Petty. Let me share with you an email I sent to Super Oldies' Shawn Nagy a few minutes ago:

I've had some extra time off from work this week so I've had time to direct my attention to my neglected CDs and records I've acquired this year. Since Tuesday, I've listened carefully and without interruption to several of your Super Oldies and Nor-Va-Jak CDs in 5.1 surround sound. It's been a real treat.

Norma Petty Vault Series volumes 1-3
Christmas In Clovis
Ben Wasson
Larry Trider
Barry Allen "Lovedrops"
The Fireballs 4 CD set

Thank you very, very much for digging deep into the Petty vaults and sharing this music with us. The Ace label in the U. K. did much the same and now you are continuing the project. Decades ago, John Ingman published a booklet with his discography of Norman Petty's recorded productions. At the time I wondered if I'd ever get the chance to here these records beyond Buddy Holly and the Crickets. It's happening now finally. Thank you again and Happy New Year!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Super Oldies/Nor-Va-Jak recent CDsDamonSun December 31, 2017 07:42:09

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.