VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Get a load of this!

Author:
Sue (in Arizona) (One more myth about the WDP)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu April 19, 2018 10:21:55
In reply to: Dan D. 's message, "Get a load of this!" on Mon April 16, 2018 14:18:02

First of all, I doubt that this Jerry Mack performed at the Surf Ballroom.

There were no airplane tickets. It was a charter flight in a single engine, 4 seater Beechcraft Bonanza.

I've heard or read other misinformation about the plane crash:

the plane was named "American Pie".

real -- The plane had no name, and no one in the 1950s would have come up with such a name.

that the crash happened in (take your pick) Kansas, Wisconsin, or Fargo, North Dakota, or enroute to Faro, North Carolina (I don't think that there is such a town).

real -- It's obvious that whoever came up with these didn't look at a map of the USA. The plane crashed in a farm field in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa. If the flight had been successful, the states it would have flown over were Iowa, Minnesota, and North Dakota.

There is probably a lot more myth and misinformation about the WPD and crash out there. I don't know how such misinformation arises in the first place. When it's easy to learn the truth. If you want to know the basic info about the crash, the Civil Aeronautics Board's Aircraft Accident Report is free on the US National Transportation Safety Board's website, ntsb.gov. In the search area in the upper right, type in "February 3, 1959", and the link to the report comes up. (I have on up on another tab). You can read it and print it out.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Get a load of this!Dan D.Thu April 19, 2018 13:39:22

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.