VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Here We Go Again

Author:
Roddy Jordan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu April 19, 2018 15:59:23

I refer you to the new biography on BH titled 'Listen To Me' by a man named Jeffrey K. Smith.

I have only been sent excerpts from said book but that is enough for me.

In the book the writer claims Ritchie Valens flew to Hawaii and then implied he came to Australia for the tour. This of course, we all know to be pure myth.

To the best of my knowledge, Valens never came into the limelight until September/October 1958 long after the Australian tour.

Also, Valens was not going to be included in the second Australian tour scheduled for June/July 1959. I have confirmed this (with documentation).

Additionally, he takes the usual bashing of Norman Petty without any facts, documentation or even eye witnesses to back up his rubbish claims.

As a person who has written 12 books so far I very rarely go into print to say something negative like the above about a fellow author but enough is enough.

Where, how and who do these people get their so-called research from?

In the last 12 months or so there have been quite a few articles written about the Australian tour of January/ February 1958 and the errors/myths are sometimes
spellbinding.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Here We Go AgainFrankMon April 23, 2018 03:51:03
Re: Here We Go AgainM. BloomSun May 06, 2018 21:26:28
Re: Here We Go AgainMike CTue May 15, 2018 00:08:35

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.