VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Here We Go Again

Author:
Sue (in Arizona) (Halfway through the muddle)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tue April 24, 2018 10:10:15
In reply to: Frank 's message, "Re: Here We Go Again" on Mon April 23, 2018 03:51:03

I am halfway through this book; it's a chore to read as the writing style isn't good, and, as Frank pointed out, it is riddled with errors. But I am determined to finish it. The author thinks that all sources or "sources" are of equal value & validity when that is not ever the case. I've done enough researching to know this.

Besides slurring Norman Petty, among other errors, he repeatedly calls Frankie LymOn of the Teenagers, Frankie LymAn.

The worst errors the author has made so far are:

As Roddy Jordan pointed out, that Ritchie Valens was on the Australian tour of late January and early February of 1958. He wasn't; he hadn't made any records yet. Billboard didn't review Ritchie's first record until September 1, 1958, more than six months after the Australian tour. Roddy should know; he's an expert on that tour.

The second really big error is Dr Smith thinks that the movie "Go Johnny Go" was filmed in later 1957!! It was filmed in late 1958 and released in the US in JUNE 1959. That's when I first saw it, and I remember that one of the stars was listed as "The late Ritchie Valens". I checked the release date online.

All these errors could have been corrected simply by looking them up online. I did, and the correct information came right up.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Here We Go AgainCraigWed April 25, 2018 01:27:02
    Re: Here We Go AgainFrankThu April 26, 2018 04:00:54
    Re: Here We Go AgainBenSat April 28, 2018 15:11:38

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.