VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Here We Go Again

Author:
M. Bloom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat May 05, 2018 00:40:07
In reply to: Frank 's message, "Re: Here We Go Again" on Mon April 23, 2018 03:51:03

Yes indeed, one might say, here we go again; BUT the truth of the matter is that the newest generation is buying this book, reading it, and reporting favorably on it.

We may slam this book by (historian) Dr. Jeffrey White, but he is becoming recognized as an expert of some reput. So do we continue to ignore him or get out there and rectify his mistakes?

I’m a member of “Goodreads,” one of numerous book-focused websites that take in what members are reading, comment on them, and, promote or expiate what everyone’s saying. And they’re saying great things about this book.

I copy, here, just a couple of comments for your edification. I could write so much more but want to leave this space for your impressions.

Goodreads examples:

<<It was amazing. Amazing little known facts woven into this story. The author demonstrates his appreciation for Buddy on so many levels. I know more now than I did prior to opening this book so much more.>>

And another:

<<This is a compelling account of the short life of American music icon Buddy Holly and the mercenary forces that undoubtedly led to his death. The writing is such that I felt emotions ranging from sadness to rage, and I feel as though I personally know the characters in the narrative>>

I could go on…

We all know the true story, but we have no control over the future story. I see this daily, on-line.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.