VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Here We Go Again

Author:
M. Bloom
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sun May 06, 2018 21:26:28
In reply to: Roddy Jordan 's message, "Here We Go Again" on Thu April 19, 2018 15:59:23

Thankyou for the reference, Roddy:

But… _but_… Craig, Sue, and Roddy, whom We All laud as protectors of the faith, I leave you with a few comments from my “GoodReads” feed which demonstrates a great many are reading Dr. Jeffrey K. Smith’s book and rating it highly…

Goodreads reports:

<<Amazing little known facts woven into this story. The author demonstrates his appreciation for Buddy on so many levels. I know more now than I did prior to opening this book so much more. I hated when I finished the book that there wasn't more. And so we will never know what Buddy could have done but it is mind blowing what he did and for such a short time... the people who he inspired (the musicians and those of us who hum or sing along).

The author was poignant "he (Buddy) had it all but the gift of time". I enjoyed this book and can say it makes me appreciate the talent of Buddy and his great fan Jeffrey K Smith. Now I am going to see and listen to Paul. >>

McCartney’s special on Buddy. Makes me appreciate too how hard it is to achieve what he and others do before they become "stars" ..."So here I go breaking all the rules. It seems so easy..."

<<This is a compelling account of the short life of American music icon Buddy Holly and the mercenary forces that undoubtedly led to his death. The writing is such that I felt emotions ranging from sadness to rage, and I feel as though I personally know the characters in the narrative. A must read for anyone who grew up in the rock and roll era and anyone who did not!

The author was poignant "he (Buddy) had it all but the gift of time". I enjoyed this book and can say it makes me appreciate the talent of Buddy and his great fan Jeffrey K Smith. Now I am going to see and listen to Paul McCartney’s special on Buddy. Makes me appreciate too how hard it is achieve what he and others do before they become "stars" ..." So here I go breaking all the rules. It seems so easy..."

<<Amazing little known facts woven into this story. The author demonstrates his appreciation for Buddy on so many levels. I know more now than I did prior to opening this book so much more. I hated when I finished the book that there wasn't more . And so we will never know what Buddy could have done but it is mind blowing what he did and for such a short time...the people who he inspired (the musicians and those of us who hum or sing along). The author was poignant "he (Buddy) had it all but the gift of time". I enjoyed this book and can say it makes me appreciate the talent of Buddy and his great fan Jeffrey K Smith. Now I am going to see and listen to Paul McCartney’s special on Buddy. Makes me appreciate too how hard it is achieve what he and others do before they become "stars" ..."So here I go breaking all the rules. It seems so easy...">>

~~~~~~
So Roddy, what do we do? The challenge is clear. The masses need to know more about our buddy… and they're eating up this book.

My challenge, of course, NOW is, that I must buy the book, if I’m going to review it…

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Here We Go AgainFrankTue May 08, 2018 03:01:13
Re: Here We Go AgainRoddy Jordan (It Is A Challenge)Tue May 08, 2018 17:57:42

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.