VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Here We Go Again

Author:
Roddy Jordan (It Is A Challenge)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 17:57:42
In reply to: M. Bloom 's message, "Re: Here We Go Again" on Sun May 06, 2018 21:26:28

Dear M. Bloom (sorry unsure if you are male or female so forgive me)

You raise some excellent and interesting points.

I have thought about this for many years and being a researcher etc. it is very frustrating to me and my friends that we have to see something that has been praised, which we know to be full of errors etc.

I see the problem like this. Music is a Macro subject (as an adjective) where the world of Buddy Holly &The Crickets is Micro. Two entirely different paradigms.

We also have the problem that the majority of the music followers around the world are not aware of the excellent books that have been written about The Crickets. Books such as by John Goldrosen (1975) then the joint venture of the two Johns, 'Beecher and Goldrosen'. The book was 'Remembering' and to me and many others it is 'The Bible' of books about Holly. Other books written by Larry Lehman and Ryan Vandergriff are acknowledged to be fountains of highly researched masterpieces.

Additionally, the wonderful contributions by Joan Turner, Steve Bonner, Kevin Terry, Sue Frederick, Bob and Bill Dees whose contributions have been invaluable. As well of course, Bill Griggs, who dedicated his life to the journey.

I contributed my review of the book by Smith on Amazon.com stating the Australian content was fiction. Another person gave it only two stars quoting many errors etc plus a friend also gave her review which says it all. She managed to get through 184 pages and then she just had to stop.

I usually admire anybody who takes the time and effort to to take the challenge of writing a book but I wish they would do their research and quote their sources.

Some of this book can only be described as 'fake news'.

But in answer to your question re what can we do?.

We can only simply continue to do what we have been doing and making qualified judgements thus trying to get our message across.

It is a daunting challenge I accept that, but one we must try to overcome.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Here We Go AgainM. BloomWed May 16, 2018 21:49:50

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.