VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Here We Go Again -Part Two

Author:
Roddy Jordan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 17:11:10

I refer you to the previous thread regarding the latest book on BH titled 'Listen To Me' by Jeffrey Smith.

As previously stated, I contacted the author to ask him where he got his source from regarding the allegation that Valens joined the tour in Hawaii and then Australia with The Crickets, Paul Anka (headliner) Jerry Lee Lewis, Jodie Sands and local boy Johnny O'Keefe.

I am pleased to say Mr Smith has replied to my email and he stated the following:

Roddy: I reviewed my research notes last p.m. I was unable to locate the promotional flyer, but in Ellis Amburn's book on BH, he references Ritchie Valens joining the other artists in Hawaii, in route to Australia.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

What Jeff says is very true in that Amburn does state this but without documents or facts to back his claims up. Also, my opinion of the book by Amburn is not very high at all.

However, Jeff has admitted he has not done his own research but just copied what some other person had written.

Therefore, as promised I advised you of the Authors reply.

I am continuing my dialogue with him and he is a thoroughly nice chap.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Here We Go Again -Part TwoFrankTue May 22, 2018 03:28:09
Re: Here We Go Again -Part TwoMike CWed May 30, 2018 00:48:50

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.