VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Here We Go Again -Part Two

Author:
Roddy Jordan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 15:39:01
In reply to: Mike C 's message, "Re: Here We Go Again -Part Two" on Wed May 30, 2018 00:48:50

Thanks for your post Mike

Very interesting and as usual, informative.

I can tell you without doubt it does not and cannot apply to the Australian Tour.

I have never heard of Buddy being in Hawaii in November 1958. At that time he was well settled into the life at his new home in NY and writing some of his best material.

However, this is not to say Valens did not tour Hawaii in November 1958. At that stage, he was shall we say, on the scene at least.

I think your assumption of Valens touring in November may well be correct.

I must be honest with you here and declare I have not studied the life and music of Valens very much at all. I am a Crickets/Holly fan and collector, not of Valens.

However, in his book Amburn makes it appear he is referring to the Australian tour so maybe he was being ambiguous on purpose? Just supposition on my part here. The Author of this new book has taken him literally.

Regarding my contact with the Author. We were exchanging very pleasant emails quite often but he has ceased to contact me.

Perhaps it was after I suggested he do his own research or at least check what someone else has done before he puts it to paper. He asked for my opinion so I gave it to him.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Here We Go Again -Part TwoMike CSun June 03, 2018 00:53:39

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.