VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Buddy Holly Story Vol. 2

Author:
Richard K. Branton
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat June 16, 2018 06:16:52
In reply to: Dale 's message, "Re: Buddy Holly Story Vol. 2" on Fri June 15, 2018 15:45:40

Dale,
Sorry for hi-jacking your post re BHS Vol. 2.

With regard to the Rollercoaster release, this is not an ep but a full lp of 12 tracks, 6 mono and 4 stereo with 2 created stereo. Hence there are different mono and stereo mixes of each of the six apartment tape tracks.

From what I understand from the info. with the release the actual Hansen 3 track tape was used but I may be wrong in this. John Beecher reads this site so he may correct me if I've got it wrong.

Chris Hopkins, who remastered the tracks, states that Jack Hansen used a third generation copy of Buddy's original for the LP and he replaced this with a first generation copy so I expect Buddy's vocals to be clearer than on the original LP.

Re the two mono tracks, Chris Hopkins stated "I have created stereo versions by combining the overdubbed and undubbed versions. I placed them apart in the panoramic image and used audio trickery to give the impression that they are stereo masters. No attempt is being made to deceive here, they are what they are and it is the best that can be done with current technology."

I hope I've got things right here but if I'm wrong maybe John Beecher could clear things up.

Hope you get more on your original post.

Richard.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Buddy Holly Story Vol. 2DaleMon June 18, 2018 17:25:15

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.