VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: fairly new youtube offerings

Author:
Dale
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wed June 20, 2018 15:32:38
In reply to: Mulligan 's message, "Re: fairly new youtube offerings" on Wed June 20, 2018 07:52:56

Hi Mulligan

thanks for responding.

Usually, I am quite good at spotting stereo fakes on youtube,
this time I must have been distracted by the visuals, as I missed the fakery on That'll Be The Day.

My guess is that the person that made the new video edits took the "stereo" audio from other earlier postings, and may not have been aware that additional guitar was added.

I tend to think of fans adding their own, very often terrible,
additions to classic recordings as my own personal Kryptonite.

On a happier note, I thought the video editing of the 3 clips was very well done.

I fully agree with your point about the undubbed, zero Picks
original take of Oh! Boy. It would have been great had that been used.

I'm going to give you a link to the youtube page for some very well done "mono to stereo" conversions of Holly tracks.

The individual who goes by "amigoivystereo" has good taste and a deft touch in creating some pretty convincing stereo
versions of Budyy's classics, WITHOUT adding any new instrumentation. At most he will combine the undubbed version of an original to one with backing vocals, or one with additional instruments that were added at the time of the original releases.

I fully respect his or her efforts to offer a glimpse of what 1958 stereo might have sounded like, while retaining the spirit and sensibility of the original mono versions.

As usual, ignore the extra junk added to this link by the Voy folks:

<a rel=nofollow target=_blank href="https://www.youtube.com/user/amigoivystereo">https://www.youtube.com/user/amigoivystereo</a>

Cheers

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
another stereo That'll be the dayDale (Hello again Mulligan)Wed June 20, 2018 20:36:22
the link I forgot to postDale (oops)Wed June 20, 2018 20:39:59

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.