VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Dions Latest on the coin Toss and what he thinks of fans

Author:
Lachlan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sun July 01, 2018 01:56:53
In reply to: Roddy Jordan 's message, "Re: Dions Latest on the coin Toss and what he thinks of fans" on Thu June 28, 2018 16:12:08

Strangely enough, I remember reading about Dion's rebuking of the money for a ticket on the plane ($36) long before the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame thingo, although I don't think he was ever actually offered a seat on the plane. I personally think that it is far more likely that he was in conversation with one of the people who was to fly, and they told him how much it was for their share of the $108 fare. I can well imagine Dion being aghast at the cost, as it was equivalent to a month's rent. That is probably why he remembers it.

One thing to remember about Tommy and Waylon, is that they backed all of the acts up on the tour every night. With Carl in hospital, I think Buddy would have been very concerned for the welfare of his band mates. I can't imagine Buddy considering other people who were only on stage for short bursts, ahead of his band mates who were on stage all night, to fly and get a decent night's sleep and their laundry done. There was one caveat though: if they chose to give up their seats, Buddy wasn't going to stop them. He was flying out of there regardless.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Dions Latest on the coin Toss and what he thinks of fansDale (Hi Lachlan)Sun July 01, 2018 21:59:00

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.