VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Buddy Holly Movie "Clear Lake"

Author:
Mulligan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu July 19, 2018 13:15:29
In reply to: Katie 's message, "Buddy Holly Movie "Clear Lake"" on Mon July 09, 2018 21:08:59

I admit this has me confused.

I read one article that said the movie is about his last tour. Another article said it's about a 1958 tour.

I doubt this movie will get made. The budget is too tiny for a proper full length film, and the people involved don't seem to have much experience. This project reminds me of the movie supposedly being made about the Big Bopper. What ever happened to that one? I recall lots of press releases, a website, but the screenwriter was a realtor (I think?) who had never written a movie.

For contrast, I recently learned of a new movie coming out about Laurel and Hardy. It caught my interest because they're my favorite comedy duo.

The press release is clear. The story is about their comeback tour in England. A screenplay by a writer with a proven track record. Same with the director. And the two actors portraying Stan and Ollie are talented people who've done great work in the past.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but this Clearlake project looks more like wishful thinking than anything else.

Maybe someone associated with this film can reply here and answer our questions?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.