VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: New Buddy Holly Demos

Author:
Roddy Jordan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Fri July 20, 2018 16:00:42
In reply to: Mike C 's message, "Re: New Buddy Holly Demos" on Thu July 19, 2018 11:21:54

I would like to add my opinion at this stage.

Firstly, Mike C is spot on when he asked the question why single out MEH?

Truth be known and to the best of my recollection, amid my constant conversations with Bill Griggs is that the people who held this process up were The Crickets and Larry Holley.

The Crickets (quite rightly) because of the poor rate of royalties they were to paid and Larry Holley mainly because he was out of his depth whilst coming to grips with all that was going on. Larry was appointed by the family to be their spokesman in these matters and this was unfair on him as he was a very good tiler but no legal expert on copyright, royalties or anything to do with the whole scene. As I said it was unfair on him.

It should come as no surprise that I am not a fan of MEH. However, I neither like or dislike her, I just have no respect for her.

My friend Graham Pugh and I have just finished three years of research for our new book Buddy Holly - 'Legacies'.

We have written six chapters on her from her birth to the end of her second marriage. It also includes many fascinating discoveries and also many unpublished photos. However, my point is that we also found that between 85-90% of what she has been saying is true.

However, it is the silly things she does like telling Australian reporters way back that Buddy especially wrote 'Heartbeat' for her when we all know the song was written by Bob Montgomery and recorded in early 1958. Although she knew who he (Holly) was and had done so for a few months, they did not commence their 'romance' until early August 1958 or was it earlier? Another song 'True Love Ways' was treated the same when we all know the lyrics were written by Norman Petty.

However, as I said before, I am no fan but will defend her when it is appropriate.

Everybody should keep in mind three facts that do sometimes tend to be forgotten: MEH had three distinct dislikes.

Norman Petty
Clovis
Lubbock

In no particular order.

Just a question before I finish up.

Who was this woman she called Aunt Provi?

Graham and I now know.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: New Buddy Holly DemosMike CTue July 31, 2018 08:49:01
Re: New Buddy Holly DemosDanielleTue August 07, 2018 10:53:16

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.