VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: New member!

Author:
Sue (in Arizona)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon July 23, 2018 10:15:09
In reply to: Danielle 's message, "Re: New member!" on Fri July 20, 2018 13:12:42

Glad to hear that you've read those books. I haven't finished the Norman Petty one yet, get distracted by all the other books (on many subjects) that I have yet to read. I have maybe 300 to 500 books in my apt that I haven't read yet.

I do recommend the Ritchie Valens book. I met Beverly Mendheim in 1978 when my family was living in Tacoma. After that we corresponded for a while. But I don't know what she's doing now. She is primarily a Valens fan.

I hope that you realize that the movies "Buddy Holly Story" and "La Bamba" are very inaccurate. Stick with the Goldrosen/Beecher book; it is THE definitive biography of Buddy Holly. I got my first copies of the first edition on August 5, 1975, directly from John Goldrosen.

Also glad to hear that you have Ryan Vandergriff's books. He has done extensive and excellent research on the Winter Dance Party. Do you get his newsletter?

I've been back in Tucson, Arizona, for 37 years; I've spent over half my life in this city, though I was born and raised on the East Coast. I did my traveling in the 1960s and 1970s when my then-husband was in the US Army.

If you would like to email me privately, click on my name, and my email address should come up.

Sue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: New member!DanielleWed July 25, 2018 09:30:16

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.