VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Questions for Sonny Curtis & Jerry Allison

Author:
Lachlan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wed August 01, 2018 14:56:35
In reply to: Danielle 's message, "Re: Questions for Sonny Curtis & Jerry Allison" on Thu July 19, 2018 11:10:56

Hi Danielle,

I guess it's because so much time has passed. I think the first interview I have seen of J.I talking about Buddy, was recorded in 1984 or so - a good 25 years after Buddy got killed. Plenty of time to accept and process what happened. Also, most of the memories J.I has shared have been happy ones.

The other thing too, is that some people prefer to grieve privately. They don't want to be vulnerable in public for whatever reason, and that's fair enough. Everyone copes with death and perhaps regret in different ways.

I am sure J.I has done his fair share of crying over Buddy's death - they were best friends, and I am sure J.I misses Buddy terribly at times. Some things are kept private, and we need to respect that.

If you do ever get to talk to J.I, and ask the question; mind how you go is my advice. He may not want to answer, as it's far too personal.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Questions for Sonny Curtis & Jerry AllisonDanielleThu August 02, 2018 18:08:55

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.