VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: New Buddy Holly Demos

Author:
Peter Gibson
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sun August 05, 2018 07:50:37
In reply to: Dale 's message, "Re: New Buddy Holly Demos" on Thu August 02, 2018 15:22:37

In case anyone couldn't get to hear the interview between Johnnie Walker and Chris Difford, here is a transcript.

Johnnie Walker’s ‘Sounds of the ‘70’s’, BBC Radio 2 – 8 July 2018.
This is a transcript of part of the conversation, that ran throughout the show, between Johnnie Walker (JW) and his guest Chris Difford (CD), of the group Squeeze.

CD: I’ve been running songwriter workshops for 26 years, and just recently I did one a couple of weeks back, supported by the Buddy Holly Foundation, and we had 36 writers, and we wrote all manner of amazing songs.
JW: And what great people are involved with the Buddy Holly Foundation?
CD: Well, they are amazing. They are raising tons of money for teenage cancer, and they’re putting out a book next year of all these people, like Eric Clapton, and people that have signed these guitars that are going for auction, and … yeah. And just recently Peter [Bradley], who runs the Buddy Holly Foundation, was in Dallas, Texas, and Maria Elena, Buddy’s widow, went to the cupb’d and brought out a box and said, ‘You may as well have these. They’ve been in the cupb’d’, and revealed six reel-to-reel tapes. Three of them were demo’s of Buddy Holly stuff, which no one has ever heard, and the other ones were recordings of him at the Palladium, which the BBC do not own or have. So…, and I’ve listened to them and they are the most extraordinary thing. So, we’ve got all that to come.
JW: Wow! So, we’ll all be able to buy that somehow?
CD: Well, umm, at the moment we’re negotiating with Jack White to put his magic fingers on the mixers and see if he can come up with something amazing.
JW: Yeah, well, who’d have thought?
CD: I know.
JW: There is still something in the cupb’d to be found.
CD: I know, it’s the dream come true.

I think it may well raise a few questions!

Peter Gibson, Harrow,UK

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.