VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Listen to Me

Author:
Sue (in Arizona) (I reviewed it on US Amazon.com)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu October 11, 2018 10:31:40
In reply to: joseph 's message, "Listen to Me" on Wed October 10, 2018 14:37:14

The book is very INaccurate!! I could only make it to page 184 as it is such a confused muddle. Some of what the author writes about never happened (Norman Petty being bad and the "sex lives" of various people); he seems to think that all sources are of equal value and validity. This is not the case. I have done enough researching to know that

Here is a sample from that Amazon review:

MAJOR ERROR # 1, about the autumn 1957 Show of Stars and the movie “Go Johnny Go”.

page 107 The author presents the movie, “Go Johnny Go” as filmed in later 1957. WRONG. “Go Johnny Go” was FILMED IN LATE 1958 and released in the US in JUNE 1959. That’s when I first saw it. I remember that one of the stars was listed as the “late Ritchie Valens”. The correct information is readily available online. I looked it up.

Where did the author get this misinformation?

MAJOR ERROR #2, Ritchie Valens on the Australian tour.

page 125 The Australian tour of late January and early February 1958, included American rock and rollers, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Paul Anka. The author claims that Ritchie Valens was on this tour. RITCHIE VALENS WAS NOT ON THE AUSTRALIAN TOUR!!. He hadn’t recorded anything at that date.

The booklet, “Ritchie Valens #2" by Alan Clark, 1989, includes photos of Ritchie and copies of magazine articles. In this booklet is a copy of a Billboard short article, listing a “Billboard Pick” of Ritchie’s first record, “Come On Let’s Go” on SEPTEMBER 1, 1958, MORE THAN SIX MONTHS AFTER THE AUSTRALIAN TOUR.

Where did the author get this misinformation? All one has to do is look Ritchie Valens up on Wikipedia. I did.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.