VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: New backing tracked album

Author:
Dale
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat October 27, 2018 15:53:11
In reply to: Mike C 's message, "Re: New backing tracked album" on Fri October 26, 2018 11:00:06

Hi Mike

"proves" was an unfortunate word choice.

I should have used illustrates, or indicates.

My point regarding MEH has always been that she is
a poor steward of Buddy's legacy.

Even if the cash is a motivating factor (and I agree, it is for most folks), she could have shown far more interest over the years in both promoting the immense influence Buddy has had in pop music history, as well as safeguarding the integrity of his musical legacy.

Poor quality compilations could have been avoided, and the horrible overdubs by the Picks should have been loudly denounced, even if stopping them from circulating altogether
was not in the cards.

A much better series of all analogue vinyl compilations
should have been circulating long before now, rather than
the illegal copies that have been sourced from cd.

A well planed festival for Holly fans could have been a priority, particularly after the passing of Mr. Griggs.

Even if such a gathering only took place every 3 years or so, it would be welcomed.

And speaking of Mr. Griggs, since he had done so much for so long (and most of his efforts would have contributed to
the prosperity of the estate), why was he not made a paid
contributor, or even editor,of an authorized magazine for the fans,one with a decent budget, rather than being forced to discontinue "Reminiscing".

Even if such a gathering only took place every 3 years or so, it would be welcomed.

I stress that all these things need not be done by one elderly woman on her own, only that she needed to show leadership and a desire to have others help her to boost
Buddy's legacy.

I have said here previously that the new center for performing arts in Lubbock is by far the best achievement
on her watch, and I give her credit for it.

My frustration is rooted in the poor handling of the recorded catalogue, and the confrontational demeanor
toward Bill Griggs and his good work and dedication
to Buddy.

I'll have a Guinness.

cheers

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: New backing tracked albumRickDSun November 18, 2018 17:10:24

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.