VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: JD McPherson

Author:
Mark
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wed October 31, 2018 22:04:31

I love JD. So do my wife and 14-year old daughter! Someone on this board back in the day alerted me to his first CD prior to it receiving wider release a couple of years later. Was that you, Mulligan? I don't recall. If so, I can't thank you enough. I get so many recommendations (Oh, you like this? You'll LOVE this!) and so few live up to the hype. JD's first CD sounds as if it were recorded around the time of Buddy's Decca sessions and has a compelling energy and absolute authenticity. His next album and tracks were in the same vein but 1956 became intermixed with 1963 (one track, Bridgebuilder, is in my opinion, the best Sam Cooke-style song, with taste and style, I've heard in years.)

Then JD moved on and released his third album which brings him up until about...I don't know...1978? I hear the urgency of Rockpile at their best and a band and artist no longer tied to a fifties sound but committed to music that respects the style and builds on it.

We've seen the band five times and have never been disappointed. They've restored our faith in live rock n'roll! On top of that, the members were very kind to engage in conversation with us after the shows and were extremely patient and kind.

Thank you!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.