VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Buddy's Meershaum Pipe

Author:
Rick
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat December 08, 2018 11:05:57
In reply to: Johnny G 's message, "Re: Buddy's Meershaum Pipe" on Thu December 06, 2018 08:41:00

Here's how this older type of message board works: Every time somebody posts on something, that conversation thread goes to the top of the board, even though the post that bumped it won't appear until a moderator approves it.

What is driving the "older than Moses" threads to the top? Spam. Spambots are constantly posting to threads old and new. That is why you see old conversations moving to the top without new posts appearing. The moderator is choosing not to post the spam messages that would obnoxiously clog this board. Unfortunately, it doesn't push the old conversation back down.

If you want the conversation about this "holy grail" of a Holly artifact to keep appearing at the top? Keep posting about it. Personally, I would like to see this conversation end. Wingnut conspiracy theory posts speculating about Randy's integrity are offensive to me and I am sure many others who value the effort he and Sharon put in to keeping Bill Griggs' board alive. It is crazy to me how, after someone mentions the pipe, others suddenly believe that comment somehow wishes its sale into existence. The pipe is a family possession that has never been offered for sale. This is not a trading post or some Buddy Holly Craigslist site. The unavailability of the pipe has been established. Let the quest for this item go.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Buddy's Meershaum PipeRandy SteeleSat December 08, 2018 13:22:50

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.