VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: New backing tracked album

Author:
DaveH
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sun December 16, 2018 06:11:23
In reply to: Mulligan 's message, "Re: New backing tracked album" on Fri December 14, 2018 18:40:34

This thread has gone on a long time. Personally, I don’t enjoy symphonic music so I won’t be buying. However, I would like to make two points.

Firstly, it is normal practice in our western culture for widows, widowers and children to take the assets and resources bequeathed them and make the best they can from them. We applaud those who use these assets to the best advantage to make a good living. Apparently this doesn’t include the widow of Buddy Holly. We often use the phrase “it’s what he would have wanted”, and in this case I think it probably is.

Secondly, our western culture is predicated on money. If it makes money, it gets done. If it doesn’t make money, it doesn’t get done. The constant recycling of Buddy Holly music happens because it makes money. I don’t like most of it, so I don’t buy it. I like the Hansen overdubs, but they weren’t recycled, rather just finished. All you people out there who moan and grumble about rehashed Holly but still buy it because you have to have it all are causing it. You already have it all. “True Love Ways” with the Royal Philharmonic is the same “True Love Ways” in all the other rehashes. Buying it over and over again is pointless. Actually it is a bit of an insult to Buddy Holly that you should want to buy most of the rubbish issued in his name.

How about Buddy Holly going back on tour as a hologram. Would you go? And which versions of the songs would they use? Probably new ones with a 1000 voice choir, the New York Philharmonic and Ed Sullivan as compere.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: New backing tracked albumGrahamSun December 16, 2018 17:41:49

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.