VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

09/28/20 10:05:49pmLogin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Re: Teeth

Author:
Jessica
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04/16/09 8:55:02am
In reply to: Rachel 's message, "Teeth" on 04/15/09 12:24:12pm

I am not too sure what all you have done with her. So I may be way off base here. But, my dogs curl their lips at us sometimes when they are playing. I don't know if this may be or may not be the case with you. But I also know that can be the first warning as a "I am going to bite". I know if you want to work slowly with her I can tell you some points I worked on when I had a skiddish dog I was working with for a friend. What I would do is let him have "His place" which was his crate. I never made him go in it or out of it unless he wanted to. I just proped his crate door open so he could go and come as he pleased from it for awhile. That worked for about a week I did that. Then he would go into and out of it when I opened the door. I didn't touch him until he came to me. I could then walk up to him and pet him and comb his after about another week. Sometimes dogs just have "off" days just like we do. I know there are times I don't even want to talk to anyone. But of course my dog knows these times and thats when he will shove his face into mine and kiss and hug me!! Gotta love them they know when your in a bad mood and they think its thier job to make you feel better. Again I would say just give her time she will come around. It may take a while but dogs do learn. Just sometimes it has to be on thier terms and times. But they will learn. My 1 yr old male malinois is finally starting to come around. He still acts shy about fast movements but I am getting him there. Hes just such a "mommas boy" he will take time. My husband can't handle him b/c he won't let him handle him. He constently looks for "momma".

Jessica

>Ok, so I haven't called because she is not picking up
>anything else, BUT today when I tried to get her out
>of her crate (where she has been hiding from me) She
>curled her lip, so i left her alone. I am about to
>give up, HELP!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: TeethMaynard Pease (Cavalier K9)04/16/09 9:47:03pm

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.