VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:55:03 05/01/08 Thu
Author: Ned Depew
Subject: Re: Censored forum
In reply to: Rena Blumberg, class of '67 's message, "Censored forum" on 06:58:21 04/30/08 Wed

I've spoken on this subject off-list with Rena via e-mail.

Her original post contained a very serious accusation about the behavior of a member of the Scarborough faculty. Without some sort of credible corroboration, I didn't feel comfortable letting it stand.

I am not interested in censoring anyone's opinions or feelings as expressed here but I do have a responsibility - as I explained to Rena - for what is "published" here.

I can't allow posters to make serious accusations that would damage the reputation of others without knowing that the poster can back those allegations up with evidence or first-hand testimony.

I didn't delete the post. I simply removed the parts that I considered problematic - and informed Rena immediately by e-mail. I've also assured Rena that if she can provide corroboration I'll willingly restore them.

There certainly are some sad and painful untold stories revolving around people's experiences at Scarborough, as there are in every life. I don't think we should ignore them nor tacitly condone them by keeping silence - if presented with solid evidence that the stories are factual.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Censored forum -- richard leins, 15:12:22 05/03/08 Sat

Yes, come on ned, i remember when rena was censored in school, so good for her she hasnt given it up yet. For myself Stillman was one of the best teachers I had anywhere, Scarborough, college or law school, even though he was a buster to me for sure. Like to know what Rena thinks, good to see her again.
>I just learned part of my message on this forum was
>"suppressed" by Ned. What happened to freedom of
>speech? !!! I stand by my original post and have
>requested Ned restore it.
>
>It included too much truth about Bud Stillman.
>However, it was truth.
>
>Is this a real forum or a censored venue? My words
>have been censored. Ned. Please restore my original
>post.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.