VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:28:04 04/30/12 Mon
Author: Ned Depew
Subject: Re: Attended Scarborough 1954-1957, class of 1963
In reply to: Ellen Lockwood Powley 's message, "Attended Scarborough 1954-1957, class of 1963" on 14:06:45 02/12/12 Sun

>Yes, I remember you, Marcie, Ned, and many others. I
>was in your class, grades 3-6. I played the French
>Horn, so perhaps you remember me in that way.

You'd think that would be a thing one would remember - especially from a sixth-grader - but no!

I do remember you, Ellen, especially from our hours down at the brook with our lovely fourth grade teacher - whose name sadly escapes me at this moment - readings of the Oregon Trail with Mrs. (I.M.P.) Price, and that difficult sixth grade year with our teacher (Mrs G...something...?)who was going through a lot of stuff in her own life - again, her name is not there at the moment - but I do have the yearbooks somewhere and could look some of it up.

The overall impression that remains with me is of security, stability, acceptance and kindness - things I desperately needed (and all kids need, IMO) especially after the old-school strictness of Miss Daniels. It was a magical place and in my mind and heart still is.

Sounds like you've made an interesting career and life for yourself. Glad to hear it.

Cheers,

N

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.